How to cook yam
- Slice yam into 1 inch size and peel the skin off.
- Rinse in clean water till water runs clear and no residue in water.
- Put yam in a pan, add enough water to cover it, add salt and place on a medium heat and cook till soft. Test with a fork, if it goes through, then the yam should be soft enough. Drain water from yam if you want.
To make egg sauce…
- Break eggs into shallow bowl, whisk till egg white and egg yolk are well combined, add salt and whisk to combine then set it aside
- Place frying pan on a medium/low heat, add about 2-3 cooking spoon of vegetable oil, heat for about 2-3 minutes
- Add chopped peppers and onions (this should sizzle) and cook for about 4-5 minutes or till oil floats on the sauce, add salt, seasoning, curry and thyme. Stir to combine ingredient with sauce and also avoid sauce sticking to the pan.