Tips for energy boosting for LAILATUL QADR
Staying up at night requires energy hence, the body system might need some energy boosting. The last ten days of Ramadan is the busiest moment in Ramadan. This is because it requires us to search for the biggest night of all nights (LAILAATUL QADR) .
The prophet (peace be upon him) said “search for the Night of Qadr in the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadan.” [Bukhari, Book 3, Volume 32, Hadith 2621].
While it requires some energy to stay up at night, I have come up with a list of nutrition to boost your energy level.
If you found yourself snoozing your alarms, feeling lazy to get up for Tahjud, it means you have less energy and its better to check what you eat. Here are the list of nutrient for energy boosting
List of Nutrition to boost energy Level
- Magnesium: Magnesium is delicate for providing our cells with energy. Beans and nuts, whole grains such as brown rice and whole wheat bread and Yogurt are type of foods that contain Magnesium.
- Water: Drinking water is very crucial for energy boosting. Dehydration can impair thinking and cause fatigue. It is advisable to drink enough water before going for Tahjud, during Saruh and Iftar.
- Protein: Protein is a long lasting source of energy. It takes longer time to break down in the body system than carbohydrates. Fish, beans, eggs and plantain are very rich in protein.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B helps your body system convert food you consume into glucose which gives you more energy. Cheese, milk, banana and beverages are very good source of Vitamin B
- Fruits: Due to the rich content of natural sugars and fibers in fruits, they can provide a slow and sustained energy release. Fruit like apple is very rich in sugar and fiber.